Old March 31st 05, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default PPP companies doing pointless maintenance?

asdf wrote:
Pointless maintenance seems to be what PPP is all about. The
needless retiling of stations has already been discussed in a
recent thread. And the other day I noticed that they had replaced
all the antique roundels at Sudbury Town with new ones, despite the
fact that the originals had only minor blemishes that were only
visible up close. (The new ones are identical except for the text
being in a slighly different font - why is this? there is no
difference in readability and it's now different to all the other
stations)

The roundels at Sudbury Town were previously "different to all the other
stations" (except possibly Arnos Grove and Boston Manor), as the
lettering used a "petit serif" font designed by Percy Delf Smith and
Charles Holden for use in London Transport's HQ at 55 Broadway. There
is a photo of one of these Sudbury Town roundels at
http://www.london-underground.de/fot...jpg&d=d.htm l

Is that sign the same as the old or the new signs that you mention?
--
Richard J.