Old August 17th 03, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
No Flipping No Flipping is offline

Default Disabled parking

"Jeff Mowatt" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there's a consistent law across all boroughs for
disabled spaces in residential roads?

I live in Westminster and when I moved in there was one disabled parking
space opposite me where a car was never parked. About 6 months later a
notice was put up to put another one in about 20 metres further down, and
shortly it was installed.

Only about 1 year after I moved in did we receive a letter confirming that
the first disabled space was to be removed. Now the second space appears to
be constantly empty.

I live in one of those very residential streets where cars are routinely
double parked at night or people park on some very dodgy single yellow lines
e.g. where it is very narrow, close to junctions. I would have thought the
council would be more pro-active in getting unused disabled parking spaces
removed.