Old April 1st 05, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default RIP 19 RMs

Ian Jelf wrote:

Battersea Bridge is an odd place for a terminus, isn't it? I

realise
that it's operationally sensible with the bus garage being there but
it's not really much use as a traffic objective I wouldn't have

thought?
(An extension to Clapham Common or Tooting, which I think it once
served, would surely make more sense?)

....particularly since much of the new allocation of buses is going to
be based at Norwood depot, leading to (presumably) a huge amount of
dead running! Clapham Common or even Streatham Hill would seem to make
more sense as a terminus (though cross-London bus routes are seriously
out of fashion these days!)