Old April 1st 05, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Walking Underground

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Brimstone wrote:

"Clive Page" wrote in message
In article , Brimstone
writes

"Ant W-M" wrote in message

Many thanks for these two useful postings. The information I really
need in addition to this is which tube line interchanges are best
avoided because of those LONG walks along tunnels. Sometimes it
seems like one is walking underground to another tube station!

In some cases, you are.

Yes, but only in some cases. Others look as though they are the result of
stupid design decisions, or perhaps thoughtless penny-pinching.

Take Green Park station, for example, where all three possible
interconnection seems to involve a very long walk and lots of stairs
and escalators.

I'm sure there are a wide variety of reasons why the platforms were
placed where they are. I suspect geology and existing underground
structures would have been well up the list.

That's exactly it - specifically, the sekrit underground bunkars [1] along
Piccadilly, also the reason why the Piccadilly Circus station for
Crossrail 2 is having trouble. I'm telling you.

tom

[1] Built and inhabited by freemasons, naturally.

--
The final chapter, prophetic, poetic