Old April 2nd 05, 01:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] cwl123456@hotmail.com is offline

Default District Stock

Andrew wrote:

Do you mean the buttons to open the doors ? If I remember correctly

these
were used during winter months, but during warmer months train

operators
were instructed to open all doors at station stops to help with

ventilation.

This is remembering from 3+ years ago when I was last in London, so

things
may have changed since then..

Andrew.

The buttons don't seem to be used at all nowadays. At a normal stop
all the doors open and the button illuminates, at terminals this
happens then the door buttons go off.

Occasionally the drivers do something at the terminals which makes only
one door per carriage stay open, although I don't know what this is but
it keeps it nice and warm

--
Chris