Old April 2nd 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Leo Mindel Leo Mindel is offline

Default District Stock

"Richard J." wrote in message
Leo Mindel wrote:
Travelling in by car earlier this week on the M4 I pulled up next
to a freshly painted D stock on a trailer (I assume going to
Ealing depot)

It was carriage 17002. From the outside, looks similar to the one
they redid a few years ago, red doors, white and blue trim. Two
main things I noticed the press or opens have been removed (well
there were never turned on anyway) and there are big disabled
stickers on the end doors.

If it was 17002 then isn't it the one they did re-do a few years
ago?

No, that was 17008. 17002 was in the old livery until it went to
Wakefield for refurbishment on 10 Dec 2004.
--
Richard J.

Does that mean they are finally doing the whole stock ? If so is it similar
to what they did to 17008 ? Do we get Air Con

Regards

Leo