Old April 3rd 05, 01:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sunil Sood Sunil Sood is offline

Default District Stock

"Leo Mindel" wrote in message
Travelling in by car earlier this week on the M4 I pulled up next to a
freshly painted D stock on a trailer (I assume going to Ealing depot)

It was carriage 17002. From the outside, looks similar to the one they
redid a few years ago, red doors, white and blue trim. Two main things I
noticed the press or opens have been removed (well there were never turned
on anyway) and there are big disabled stickers on the end doors.

Also all the glass looks to be heavily tinted (I think they were anyway on
this stock) so I guess that is the poor man's Air Conditioning fitted

I just wish they had chosen a different colour scheme though.

As the indicators on the Wimbledon branch line are often wrong (it will say
its an Edgware Road train when its really a City service and vice versa)
using the different colours was a useful way of telling the "true"
destination very easily.

True, if you travel frequently, you know that the carriage's look different
but it was so much easier to describe to other people ("wait on platform for
a red/blue coloured train" or a "white" train)

However, having travelled on the refurbished new stock, at least it looks
nice inside..

Regards
Sunil