Old August 17th 03, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith Ian Smith is offline

Default Camera like sensors on top of traffic lights

On Sun, 17 Aug, I@n-N wrote:

Yeah but most traffic lights will go through their sequence (and thus give a
green light to all exits) eventually ... they just give priority to the
major route and take ages to get around to the minor route when they have no
external influences (i.e. the sensors) telling them someone is waiting on
the minor route.

Not in my experience. The lights on teh one-way system near me sit at
all-directions-red, with no sequence at all, unless they detect
something. Convenient in a car, because they get to green quicker
than if they had to complete a cycle, pain in the neck on a bike
because (depsite repeated complaints to teh council), they don't
detect me and I have to go through a red (or wait for a motor vhicle,
and who nows how many hours that might be?).

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|