Old April 3rd 05, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Taxi at Ikea, Edmonton

I know nothing about the Edmonton area, however, I wish to recount my
tale of woe about my visit to Ikea Brent Park.

I bought a flat-pack chair, then, with a friend, needed a cab to go home
4 miles.

IKEA quoted me £25 for their service.

"Stuff that for a lark!" thought friend and I.

We put pack on Ikea trolley as far as edge of car park, lifted it over
wall to adjoining Tesco, where we borrowed another trolley. We used the
Tesco freefone to a local cab firm. The journey cost us £8.

Ikea's taxi service is a ******* rip-off!

I think there's a part of the TfL site that lists registered minicab
firms by London Borough and I suggest you use that.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.