Old April 4th 05, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Taxi at Ikea, Edmonton

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

We put pack on Ikea trolley as far as edge of car park, lifted it over
wall to adjoining Tesco, where we borrowed another trolley. We used the
Tesco freefone to a local cab firm. The journey cost us £8.

Funnily enough there is a Tesco next door to the Edmonton Ikea, I would
guess they have a freefone to a local cab firm like most supermarkets.

Ikea's taxi service is a ******* rip-off!

Thanks for the warning. No mention of a taxi service on their website.

I think there's a part of the TfL site that lists registered minicab
firms by London Borough and I suggest you use that.

I must admit I'm not keen on the search option. Whilst it does list the
licensed operators only, not giving addresses or postcodes doesn't help.
For some odd reason it lists phone numbers which often duplicate. When you
want to search by specific area you need to cross check against something
like a copy of the Yellow Pages or search directory on-line as some of the
boroughs are huge.

My partner was returning back from Stansted Airport to Tottenham Hale by
rail replacement bus last night. I even tried calling TfL for help in
finding a mini cab firm located at or near Tottenham Hale only to find the
call centre operator searching through an equivalent database laid out not
much better. Although it did give out random addresses, his geographic
knowledge wasn't too good coming out with Muswell Hill being a suitable
one!

--
Phil Richards
London, UK