Old April 4th 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Taxi at Ikea, Edmonton

Phil Richards typed

Ikea's taxi service is a ******* rip-off!

Thanks for the warning. No mention of a taxi service on their website.

At Brent Park, I think there was some sort of taxi desk close to the
check-out or collection area.

I think there's a part of the TfL site that lists registered minicab
firms by London Borough and I suggest you use that.

I must admit I'm not keen on the search option. Whilst it does list the
licensed operators only, not giving addresses or postcodes doesn't help.
For some odd reason it lists phone numbers which often duplicate. When you
want to search by specific area you need to cross check against something
like a copy of the Yellow Pages or search directory on-line as some of the
boroughs are huge.

Sorry to hear this was less than useful.
Will you be going to your own home address after your Ikea adventure? If
so, some of your local minicab firms might be helpful. Several minicab
firms have fairly wide London coverage anyway.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.