Old April 4th 05, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] cwl123456@hotmail.com is offline

Default OT Any thoughts on the London Pass ? OT

Richard J. wrote:
According to their website www.londonpass.com, you can buy one for

1,2,3
or 6 days, not 7. It's only worth it, in my view, if you're going to
spend all your time visiting the attractions listed on their site.

Note
that in very small print it says that they will add 17.5% tax

(meaning
VAT, I assume) to the quoted prices. Presenting consumer prices in

this
way is not regarded as good practice in the UK.

If you get one with travel included, you will pay £38 (including

tax*)
for the travel element, covering Zones 1-6. A 7-Day Travelcard for
Zones 1-2, where all the main tourist attractions are, is £21.40.

* VAT is not payable on public transport fares, so I don't see how

they
can justify this. I've mailed them (the Leisure Pass Group) about

this.
--
Richard J.

According to Trading Standards it is infact a criminal offence to show
a price to the a consumer which does not include VAT (except in some
circumstances). See

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/c...dv087-0100.txt

and

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2004/20040102.htm

I like their insurance policy - they charge 2.5% extra and if you don't
go they refund you the money minus a re-stocking fee. How can you
re-stock something which has a specified date on it? And who is going
to fall for that insurance policy anyway (don't most tourists have
insurance for their holidays which includes being insured against not
going)