Old April 5th 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Escalator at Angel

In message ,
Martin Underwood writes

That's interesting. I've got a book [1] that says the Piccadilly Line
escalator at Leicester Square is the longest: 161 ft 6 in (49.6 m) on slope
/ 80 ft 9 in (24.6 m) vertical rise, giving an angle with the horizontal of
arcsin(24.6/49.6) = 30 degrees.

When was the Angel escalator installed? Did it replace a lift? In that case,
maybe it was installed since my book was written.

[1] The London Underground Illustrated, Oliver Green, Ian Allen, 1987, ISBN
0-7110-1720-4

Angel tube station was totally rebuilt in 1992.

--
Paul Terry