Old August 17th 03, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Surprised

In message , Robin Mayes
writes
That there arn't any posts about the power cuts in America and the
chaos it caused on the New York subway. Perhaps CJD might have realised
that us knuckle-scraping morons might actually be needed to come and
rescue him one day?

If you mean me. I have been house hunting far away from London
Underground's monkey business. Better things to do than point out the
obvious about London Underground.
So anyway. Say the same happened here and the whole of London and South
East England lost its power. What exactly would happen on the
Underground?
And aren't New York's subway lines a lot nearer the surface. So if they
come to a halt then its a short walk to the surface.
And I can assure you if I was on the underground and the lights and
power went out I would be up in the fresh air way before the station
assistant has found his dusty safety instructions book.
--
CJG