Old August 17th 03, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Mobiles on public transport (was Radio on the Tube)

Matthew Malthouse wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:49:59 +0100 Jack Taylor wrote:

Some people seem to be so utterly insecure that they are unable
to spend an hour on public transport without speaking to
someone/anyone for the duration. I've been on PT where
passengers in close proximity have systematically worked their
way through their entire phone book to sate their desperate
need for company. How sad!

Most inexplicable to me are those conversations held on the way home
with someone at that very place waiting for the caller to arrive.

What's so life shattering that it cuoldn't wait until they get there?
Nothing apparently.

The only reason why people use mobiles for such frippery is that the calls
are so cheap. And then the phone companies wonder why they don't make a
profit. Absurd.

--
Richard J.