Old August 17th 03, 08:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Mobiles on public transport (was Radio on the Tube)

In message , Richard J.
writes

What's so life shattering that it cuoldn't wait until they get there?
Nothing apparently.

The only reason why people use mobiles for such frippery is that the
calls are so cheap. And then the phone companies wonder why they don't
make a profit. Absurd.

I hardly use my mobile phone in public places because I don't want
people to hear my conversations. And the only time I hate mobile phone
users is when they try out all their ringtones in one go. And people
trying to make phone calls on the Victoria Line coming out of Victoria
and not understanding why they can't get a signal. That annoys me too.
But to be honest I don't see the difference between inane conversations
between people there. And on the phone.
Quite frankly I prefer mobile phone users. As at least you only have to
hear one side of their pointless stupid conversations. When you have two
of them there it gets unbearable.
--
CJG