Old April 7th 05, 01:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default The infamous West London Tram survey

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

Secondly, the article says that the survey company
carried out interviews in 6 LBs as well as South Bucks -
but the sample size was too small to be worthwhile
statistically in South Bucks, Kensington &
Chelsea, Brent and Hounslow.

Let's do a little maths. We'll call those voters in the boroughs where
small samples were taken, "bad" voters.

Let's introduce a worst-case scenario. Those naughty "bad" voters all
vote "for" the tram, skewing the poll in favour of it, when their votes
statistically don't count.

If that's what the survey said, I'll give you the money myself! A more
realistic hypothesis would be that the voters in Kensingtyon, Brent etc
would all vote *against* the tram, since they will be paying for its
construction but won't benefit from it in any way.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped