Old April 7th 05, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default The infamous West London Tram survey

Steve Peake wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:50:32 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

PS out of interest, nobody surveyed in Hounslow explicitly opposed
the scheme, and 81% explicitly supported it. Although the sample
isn't large enough, it would be interesting to see where the
people surveyed in Hounslow lived.

The whole project has had zero impact on Hounslow, the question
might as well have been "Do you support trams".

Without further knowledge on just how traffic flow might be
affected in the area, I don't see how anyone can really comment
either way.

Which is why, no doubt, TfL chose to announce very late in the
consultation the recommended diversionary routes for traffic forced off
the Uxbridge Road at places like Acton High Street. The information was
in an extra .pdf file on their site, but they didn't bother to tell all
the people who had by then received the consultation leaflet which
omitted that information. One wonders how much those surveyed in
Hounslow were told about the diversionary routes.
--
Richard J.