Old April 7th 05, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dan Gravell Dan Gravell is offline

Default Thameslink 2000 and other animals

Dave Arquati wrote:
Dan Gravell wrote:
What changes will this make to the metro service on the Wimbledon
loop? I'm assuming around a doubling in frequency to actually make it
approaching a metro service?

Er... sadly not, I'm afraid. TL2K is designed to focus on those
lucrative commuters from further afield, and the service to the
Wimbledon loop would remain exactly the same. The best hope there is
probably for Tramlink to take over the Wimbledon-Sutton section, which
might spur Thameslink to increase frequency to the two remaining arms of
the loop - but don't hold your breath too much.

The TL2K service pattern is on my website (5th heading down):
http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/23

Thanks for the information and the link to your excellent site. I'm
finding it hard to express my rage and frustration at this news, so I'll
sign off now.

Dan