Old April 9th 05, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default Oyster prepay validity

For prepay? Or with a Travelcard on? They're valid with a Travelcard that
covers the relevant zones on them, because it isn't necessary to touch
in/out unless there's a gate.

Aren't the pads also there to allow oyster season holders to resolve their
journey (and avoid being charged extra on pre-pay), had they continued on
WAGN for example. I have a two-zone Oyster and a season for NR from Finsbury
Park and always touch-out there or at Highbury for just this reason. I
assumed if I change there and didn't touch out it would cause me to be
flagged as a possible fare-dodger or purchaser of two short tickets, or
worse, deduct money from my pre-pay for a journey as far as zone 6.

Having said that the gripper the other morning was going through at Finsbury
Park and accepted my point to point season without query as we pulled out
towards Kings Cross.

Regards,
Dave