Old April 11th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default LT Museum Shop

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:40 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

TfL cut back the Travel Information Service quite savagely and one of
the casualties was the St James Park TIC and Shop. One of their sillier
decisions IMO.

Possibly, but it never seemed busy when I passed it on my way to and from
work.

OK it'll never be as busy as say Victoria but there are loads of
tourists in the St James Park area and to have a shop / info centre at
your HQ if you are a transport organisation strikes me as a good idea in
terms of PR. Sometimes it is sensible to do things even if they don't
make you oodles of cash.

They did do a reasonable trade in ticket sales as well as souvenirs from
what I saw. It was also somewhere where you get your hands on leaflets
and booklets that are otherwise very hard to get hold of.
--
Paul C