Old April 11th 05, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Oyster prepay validity

wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

a bit of a noise about fares integration too.

So do we lose the cheap £1.50 SWT cheap day returns in favour of
£4.40 TFL zonal returns then? What about YP railcards?

All undecided yet, although TfL aim to apply TfL zonal fares across the
rail network. Whether that means abolishing existing fare structures or
creating some sort of hybrid structure isn't obvious.

Interestingly, from last year, YP Railcards attract a discount on the
TfL portion of through rail-TfL fares when they didn't before (i.e.
before, the NR portion of the ticket was discounted by 1/3 but the TfL
portion wasn't; now, both are discounted by 1/3). That seems like a
progressive policy for YPRs which must have been negotiated between ATOC
and TfL, so I doubt they'd adopt an unfriendly stance towards YPRs.

Personally, I'd like my Oyster to be linked to my YPR so I only get
capped as far as a YP ODTC price... unlikely though. Perhaps I should
see if they'll consider an equivalent reduced cap for TfL Student
photocard holders.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7