Old April 13th 05, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Rail symbol on tram destination blinds

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Clive Coleman
writes

A bit off topic I know, but I was astounded to see a display of when
the next bus was due in a bus shelter in Wandsworth.

The system is called Countdown, and about 2000 bus stops are equipped so
far (which leaves an awful lot still to go - I think only well-used
stops will be equipped).

London bus passengers have luxuries most of us can only dream about.

Of course, when Countdown goes wrong or displays the wrong times, or
doesn't display any time because some bus operators have not yet
equipped their vehicles, it can sometimes seem worse than no display at
all - but it does seem to be getting better at our local bus stop.

I've noticed an improvement in Countdown information too - I most often
see a Countdown display at Piccadilly Circus, but I've noticed a fairly
decent accuracy level at other West End stops too. I wonder if anything
has changed behind the scenes?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7