Old April 14th 05, 07:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Marratxi Marratxi is offline

Default Why are Silverlink Metro trains NEVER on time ?

"Barry Salter" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:13:25 +0100, "Marratxi"
wrote:
I often travel from Hatch End to Euston, sometimes changing to the County
service at Harrow & Wealdstone. The Silverlink County services are fairly
good on timekeeping but I don't think I have had one of their Metro

trains
on time for years !!

At a guess, it's partly to do with having to share the route with
Bakerloo Line trains between Kensal Green and Harrow & Wealdstone.
Looking at the Live Departures for Kenton right now on the National Rail
site, for instance, shows three Bakerloo trains heading for Harrow: one
13 minutes late, one 5 minutes late and the third 6 minutes late, with
the Silverlink services showing as On Time.
Cheers,
Barry

Yes, but the Bakerloo trains cannot be blamed for making Silverlink Metro
trains late arriving at Hatch End from Watford. Are the schedules just
unworkable, the trains incapable of maintaining the timings ?
Regardz,
Baz