Old April 14th 05, 08:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Rail symbol on tram destination blinds

In message ,
Tom Anderson writes

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Paul Terry wrote:

I live in a London borough that I think claims a higher proportion of
open space than any other (Richmond).

Even Waltham Forest?

There is more than 5,000 acres of public open space in Richmond - about
14% of the total for Greater London. I believe that is a larger amount
than in any other London borough:

http://www.richmond.gov.uk/depts/env...ks/default.htm

My point is that Richmond is an area of relatively low population
density in London terms (30 per hectare, compared with 56 per hectare in
Waltham Forest, for example). Despite this, much of the area can sustain
high-frequency bus services.

I don't want to over-simplify, though: part of the reason is that wide
tracts of open parkland separate areas of quite high-density housing and
that is an ideal combination for high-frequency bus routes.

Anyway, i take it you live within short walking distance of one of the
town centres in Richmond.

Not really. We just have a lot of buses.

--
Paul Terry