Old April 14th 05, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Rail symbol on tram destination blinds

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Paul Terry wrote:

In message ,
Tom Anderson writes

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Paul Terry wrote:

I live in a London borough that I think claims a higher proportion
of open space than any other (Richmond).

Even Waltham Forest?

There is more than 5,000 acres of public open space in Richmond - about
14% of the total for Greater London.

Eek! That is quite a bit. Damn you with your fancy great park! And what
have we got up here? Flipping Finsbury Park is what!

I don't want to over-simplify, though: part of the reason is that wide
tracts of open parkland separate areas of quite high-density housing and
that is an ideal combination for high-frequency bus routes.

Quite!

tom

--
Few technologies will ever stand up to the will of adolescents trying to do things they're told they're not allowed to do. -- Scott Berkun