Old April 14th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Rail symbol on tram destination blinds

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Clive Coleman wrote:

In message ,
Tom Anderson writes

I live in a London borough that I think claims a higher
proportion of open space than any other (Richmond).

Richmond Park, now there's a nice bit of land to concrete over and make
a park and ride from.

Clive, you're a genius!

Hang on, though - park and ride? That would mean people would leave their
cars and use public transport. That's madness! Better, surely, would be to
use the space - not all of it, of course - to build two or three new
six-lane motorways into central London, the Richmond bypass, the Wimbledon
bypass, and the Richmond bypass bypass. Perhaps the rest of it could be
converted to a service area.

tom

--
Memes don't exist. Tell your friends.