Old April 15th 05, 07:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] kajr@mwfree.net is offline

Default Replacement Ticket

It is an LUL issued ticket. They only issue monthly tickets on Oyster
but obviously weekly tickets are still paper.
This morning the booking office at Brent X was unmanned and the gates
were in operation.
Surely this is in breach of safety regulations. I couldn't get access
to the station despite banging on the window to get attention. Only
after setting off an alarm by trying to see if I could push a gate open
did somebody appear from the booking office. They had been doing
something with the money on the automatic machine.
OK in this instance it was only an inconvenience but had there been an
emergency and I had been trying to exit the station I would have been
trapped.
Surely it is illegal to leave gates shut and unmanned. If it isn't it
damn well should be.

Kevin