Old April 17th 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Why are Silverlink Metro trains NEVER on time ?

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

I'd suggest that it is more important to give
Silverlink priority given their lower service frequency.
LUL, generally speaking, operate a turn-up-and-go
type service where few will refer to timetables, even
though they do exist.

They do exist alright, they control when the drivers work, have lunch breaks
and go home. Mess that up and you are paying a hell of a lot more overtime
than if you mess around a couple of Silverlink drivers.

The half-hourly Silverlink service isn't frequent
enough for this, so delaying a Bakerloo train a
couple of minutes (or sending one off early, for
that matter) is less of a concern, and is probably
worthwhile overall to keep the Silverlink on time.

*Every* *single* *time* I've tried to catch Silverlink from Kilburn High
Road to Euston, the train has been announced as cancelled and I've had to
walk to Kilburn Park instead (this was before the station burned down,
obviously). They would keep me waiting until ten minutes after the scheduled
departure time before the tannoy would suddenly announce that my train
wasn't coming because it had not left Watford Junction half an hour earlier.
*******s. I think it is unfair to blame LU for what goes on on that line.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped