Old August 18th 03, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Surprised

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In article , CJG NEWSGROUP@ne
wsgroup.no.spam.thanks writes
What amazed me was the swarms of people walking.
The last time I was in New York there was a problem on the subway. And

people
just left the station and walked down the road. Literally down the road.

Not
even on the pavement. Just a swarm of people walking down the middle of

the
room.

I've seen things approaching that outside Kings Cross when the tube
station has been closed (usually a "security alert") in the morning rush
hour.
--

It happened all over central London during the tube stikes a couple of years
ago.

Andrew