Old April 18th 05, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Why are Silverlink Metro trains NEVER on time ?

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Barry Salter wrote:

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:31:16 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

the issue of terminating such a service at Euston - i haven't the
faintest idea what the approach to Euston is like; is there any chance
it could take 12 tph?

Unfortunately, it isn't, as the approach lines to Euston are shared with
Silverlink County services as far as Camden Junction (around 1.5 miles
out of Euston), and occasionally with Virgin departures from Platforms 1
to 7.

Ah, that's what i was afraid of.

12 tph of metro + not a lot of tph of county (7 in the peaks?) would fit
down those lines; the problem is that 12 tph of randomly-timed trains and
however many of timetabled trains would not - it would just shift the
interference problem from one place to another.

tom

--
We all need mirrors to remind us who we are. -- Photophobe the Solipsist, of Memento