Old April 18th 05, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Southern doors problem

The fundamental problem is that South Central (I refuse to insult the
British Railways operator by using the new name) does not trust its
train crews and door releases have to be done by GPS and not a human
being. This adds an unnessecary element to go wrong.

Sounds about right. Technology for its own sake and solutions looking
for problems are everywhere these days thanks to suppliers chucking in
as much as they can to the design make as much money as they can
and dim witted customers falling for it. I guess railways are no
exception.

B2003