Old April 18th 05, 08:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.rail,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default US Dupont Circle DC

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:01:57 -0400, Bill Waller wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:29:05 GMT, Chris Tolley wrote:
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:05:06 +0100, Tree Stump wrote:
This an entrance to Dupont Circle station on the Washington Metro.
Notice that the escalators come up to street level.
Why don't they in London?

I expect it rains more in London.

But it snows in Washington, sometimes it really snows.

I've had a think about this, and whilst there are lots of escalators on
the London Underground that do reach street level, I honestly can't
think of any that do so in the open air. I'll crosspost this to
uk.transport.london to see if anyone knows any better.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/c360523.html
(Thumbnail index to British Diesel Multiple Units - over 500 images)