Old April 18th 05, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Fribbins Chris Fribbins is offline

Default Southern doors problem

wrote:
They seemed to have overlooked the 'human being' factor. SWT dont need
any fancy GPS door opening on their DESIROs and so I dont see why it
should needed on Electrostars.

As I said before the 377s are decent enough trains but they do not need
half the fancy computer stuff on them and a little faith in the
traincrews to do their job would have solved a lot of problems.

This is a feature of selective door opening. The system is programmed to
only open the right doors at the right location. If GPS is wrong then
the software needs to be overridden but it take time. There was a
problem getting the satellite signals to the trains at Victoria and
Cannon Street and this used to be more of a problem. I don't know for
sure but perhaps some signal repeater has been installed now.

Chris