Old April 18th 05, 09:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.rail,uk.transport.london
HVB HVB is offline

Default US Dupont Circle DC

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:38:31 GMT, Chris Tolley
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:01:57 -0400, Bill Waller wrote:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:29:05 GMT, Chris Tolley wrote:
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:05:06 +0100, Tree Stump wrote:
This an entrance to Dupont Circle station on the Washington Metro.
Notice that the escalators come up to street level.
Why don't they in London?

I expect it rains more in London.

But it snows in Washington, sometimes it really snows.

I've had a think about this, and whilst there are lots of escalators on
the London Underground that do reach street level, I honestly can't
think of any that do so in the open air. I'll crosspost this to
uk.transport.london to see if anyone knows any better.

The escalators at Canary Wharf come right out into the open. There is
a huge glass canpoy over the top, but that's really to just to keep
the worst of the elements out, there are no doors.

Pictures and some blurb...

http://www.dupont.com/safetyglass/lgn/stories/1608.html

HVB.