Old April 19th 05, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris! Chris! is offline

Default Replacement Ticket

Kat wrote:
wrote:

Actually I just found the quote:
"If daily or weekly travelcard fails, it will not usually be

replaced
as the period of use is so little. Weekly season tickets or longer
will be, as they will be used for a greater period of time."

Quoted from?

"Olivia Newell" The 'person' who answers cvomments to the tube customer
services. Presumably thats the official policy.

Doesn't the second sentence from your quote contradict the first?

Yes and that really doesn't supprise me.

Obviously I cannot comment on what happens at other ticket offices

but
ours will replace failed season tickets (weekly upwards)

It's good to see the guidelines are be broken in order to help the
customer.

And Kat, how do you suggest he gets in and out of the station if it

is
fine to have all the staff hidden in an office? Should he push the

big
green emergency button? or the blue information one?

I suggest that the OP either take better care of his magnetic ticket

or
invest £3.00 in an Oyster card which has a much lower failure rate.

Meanwhile, if having a pop at LU staff floats your boat, be my

guest...
there'll be fewer of us soon enough!

I wasn't "having a pop". My question was what should someone do if
they are trapped in the station because their ticket doesn't work on
the gates and there are no staff at the gates to open them? They are
pretty damn stuck, aren't they?

--
Chris