Old April 19th 05, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Breach of Safety by LUL, Again

Barry Salter wrote:
On 19 Apr 2005 00:14:06 -0700, wrote:

Last night some bright spark at Brent Cross had set all the gates to
enter only, they all displayed no exit.

Odd...I was under the impression that the bare minimum of gates was
specified as 1 entry, 1 exit, 1 reversible; and I believe this is/was
the arrangement at Bow Road, for example.

I stand for correction on this matter, but I do find it *very* hard to
believe that there wasn't at *least* one gate available for exit
(unless, for some reason, the 'fixed' exit gate had failed).

Some have their preferences and are used to working in one direction
only but in theory electronic gates can be set open, closed, entry or
exit.
--
Kat