Old April 19th 05, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve M Steve M is offline

Default Southern doors problem and the CIS as well!!

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
JMUpton2000 wrote:

Serious issues seem to repeatedly arise on the Arun Valley's notably:

Last carriage(s) refusing to open at Victoria (especially in on

platform 19)

Ununusually long delays between stopping at Vic and then actually

opening

the doors.
The GPS system quite often seems to refuse the existence of Redhill

(down

side) mind you if I had my way, I would want to block Redhill from
exsistence as well!!

The delay at Vic of approx 20 secs is because the train cannot get a
GPS signal and the driver has to do it all manually!

I've noticed the delay at Victoria has been shorter this week - has
anything changed or is it just my luck/imagination?

The ping pongs have been moaned about so many times now! All we need is
'We are now approaching xxxx' This train is the 'xxxx' service your
next station is 'xxxx', the scrolls are fine as you can choose whether
or not to pay attention to them, but listing all calling points at
every stop is madness!

I was on tenterhooks last week - I was late for a flight and was
travelling on a 377 from Clapham Junction to Gatwick which kept
announcing "bing bong the next station is London Victoria". Something
was clearly wrong with the unit as an entire (rather animated)
conversation between the driver and guard was broadcast inadvertantly
across the PA system in my coach (at least), culminating in a decision
to fail the service at East Croydon due to the PA not working at all in
the coach the guard was in. Thankfully, it was soon discovered the PA
worked (too well!) in the rest of the train and the service carried on,
with the "quiet" coach locked out.

Fair play to the train crew though - the announcements the public _were_
supposed to hear were otherwise excellent.