Old April 20th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Heathrow Connect service

"Michael Hopkins" wrote in message
Does anyone have any reliable and straightforward information about this?
I've tried seeking information in the usual kinds of ways (operating

company
websites, stations, etc.) and have either missed it or there isn't any.

I understand that will be every 30 mins, and call at all station from

Ealing
to Hayes en route. I believe it will be not be advertised as a Heathrow
train at Paddington, to avoid through passengers using it. If so, will it
be Hayes? And something similar in reverse?

This seems to be the idea. Presumably it will be advertised to Hayes from
Paddington, and to Heathrow from Ealing onwards, and in the reverse
direction, to Ealing from Heathrow, and to Paddington from Hayes onwards.

Will it serve terminal 4? What happens when terminal 5 opens?

AIUI it will only go to T123, and reverse in the spur which is the start of
the line to T4. Apparently the plan for when T5 opens is that HEx will go
there, while Heathrow Connect will go to T4, then do a T4 to T123 shuttle,
before returning to Paddington. This will give a 15 minute service between
T123 and T4. Passengers travelling on HEx will have to change for T4, while
passengers on Heathrow Connect will have to change for T5.

What will be the fares policy? Will travel cards be accepted?

Premium fare for the Hayes to Heathrow section, Travelcards only valid
between Paddington and Hayes.

Will it operated by HEx or First?

Apparently a 'joint venture'.

When will it actually start? I've seen all four desiros at Old Oak Common
for quite some time. Will there be any significant changes to FGWL, as a
result of cascaded stock from the current Hayes service?

The timetable was changed to allow for Heathrow Connect last December, with
the trains currently being operated by FGWL using 165s between Paddington
and Hayes. AIUI the current plan is to introduce Heathrow Connect with the
June timetable change, BICBW. Presumably the few 165s released will be used
to strengthen some peak FGWL trains.

Peter