Old August 19th 03, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.road
Powerslider Powerslider is offline

Default researching mega traffic jams

Yeah, the BBC did a programme about it a couple of months ago about the
fictional events of the 19th December 2003.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ed/default.stm

In reality, early this year, ice on the roads and no grit sprayers meant
that mulitple accidents occurs and nobody moved for hours some abandoning
their cars on motorways.

"Kate" wrote in message
om...
Hi. this is the first time i have posted a message to an email group
so forgive me if I make mistakes. I am a writer and have recently
heard about the possibility of mega traffic jams in the UK possibly
caused by a few freak combinations of events. this intrigued me and I
thought (as writers do!) of using this scenario as part of a novel.
However before I get carried away... i need to reseach this issue.
Does anyone know where I can find out more about the formation of
traffic jams, what might happen in a mega traffic jam etc?
thanking you
Regards
Kate