Old April 22nd 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default Southern doors problem and the CIS as well!!

On 21 Apr 2005 08:11:09 -0700, Boltar wrote:
The systems of the train are there for everyone's benefit.

Thats a myth.

What is? It helps when answering to read what I wrote.

Public transport is there for the benefit of the majority.

Well, it's there for "the public" - er, the name rather gives that away.

Some people simply can't use it ... ultimately its just tough luck and
if public transport had to deal with every whinger with a special
travel requirement it would grind to a halt pdq

Like I said, the systems are there for everyone. If signs are made
clearer for someone who is visually impaired to read, then *I* gain too.
If PA systems are good enough for someone with a hearing defect to
understand, then *I* understand what is said too. If there is enough
circulation space inside trains for wheelchairs, then *I* don't have to
climb all over someone to pass them, nor they me. And so on. You've
proved you can moan. Maybe in future you could prove you can think.