Old April 22nd 05, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Alan \(in Brussels\) Alan \(in Brussels\) is offline

Default OT (sorry) Paris Metro help

"Ralf Hermanns" a écrit dans le message de
My question is: What is the best way to get from Charles-de-Gaulle

Airport
(landing: 20 min past 8pm, weekday) to the Porte de Bagnolet, and what
prices can be expected?

Thanks to all of you, esp. Paul, for the excellent advice on this trip. I

do
appreciate it a lot, I did not at all expect that much detail and info -
"admits to working for LU"... I am very confident, you could change and

work
for RATP anyday!

Let me ask one more thing, if I may: You said, I needed 3 ticket for each
person on the Bus 351 - where did you find this bit on Information? I

turned
the German and English Version of www.ratp.fr upside down, and even took a
deep look into the french page, but I did not find it.
And how is it done, in reality? Upon boarding (we are 4) I move to the
Validator machine, and stamp 12 tickets? If a fare inspector wants to
validate us, each one gives 3 tickets? Or do you have to stamp them as you
run along the route?

SNIP

I haven't looked for confirmation on-line, but as far as I know the need for
3 urban RATP (bus/metro) tickets here is based on the number of 'sections'
that the journey traverses (these are shown on the relevant route maps, 1
ticket per 2 sections). The conventional practice used to be to stack the
tickets *for each traveller* into the most compact form possible without
bending them, and 'validate' them as a group in a single operation (repeated
with another set of tickets for the next passenger) at the start of travel.
But maybe there's a new high-tech way now...
--
Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels)