Old April 22nd 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Cook Chris Cook is offline

Default Tramlink at Wimbledon

"Rupert Candy" wrote in message
oups.com...

James Penton wrote:

What's also strange is the amount it deducted - GBP1.10. The Tramlink
PrePay should be GBP0.80 single. The only guess I can make is that

this
is the single or two-zone Tube PrePay fare, but I touched out at
Wellesley Road which you can't get to with Tube PrePay, and it's 3

zones
between Wimbledon and there. All very strange!

However, you're not
supposed to touch in and out on Tramlink - you touch in when boarding
(like when boarding a bus) and it deducts 80p. Presumably if you touch
on the reader when you get off the tram, you will get charged another
80p (and so on until you reach the appropriate cap).

A little-known concession allows a second free Tramlink touch-in within 70
minutes of the first one.
This was designed to cope with multi-tram journeys e.g Lloyd Park to
Addiscombe; but also allows half-price returns if you don't stay long at
your destination.

Chris Cook
Beckenham, Kent