Old April 23rd 05, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default Southern doors problem and the CIS as well!!

On 22 Apr 2005 08:36:08 -0700, Boltar wrote:
having a wheelchair spot means some seats go missing.

Let's see. On a Mark 3 coach, the wheelchair spot means two seats are
taken out, the table size is reduced, and one of the seats is replaced
by a tip-up. Net loss *one* seat (out of 76). Gain - extra space for
wheelchair or pushchair or luggage or several standing people.

I'm saying that accomodating every single minority group on public
transport isn't practical or feasible or a good way to spend money.
Presumably you think it makes perfect sense to do so no matter what
the cost or inconvenience to the majority.

I'm not making any argument on behalf of minorities. As I have already
said, the things you find so distasteful, I find to be a benefit to me.
This is what I mean about you not thinking. Your prejudice blinds you
not only to the possibilities, but also as shown above to the realities.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9683900.html (Class 206 Tadpole unit)