Old April 23rd 05, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Extra Carraige on the Edware Road branch?

In article , (Dave Arquati)
wrote:

Chris! wrote:
I was supprised today to read in the leaflet for the conservative
candidate in Putney that:

"LU have agreed to add an extra carriage to Edgware Road tubes"

Is this possible? I thought the platforms were shorter beyond High St
Ken? Where are the carriages coming from - will there be less but
longer trains?

Or did she make it up?

The new common subsurface stock, due in 2011ish, will have walk-through
connections between carriages, and I believe it will have shorter
carriages too - presumably enabling it to run anywhere on the
subsurface network. Someone may be along shortly to correct me.

What I doubt is that any particular MP had anything to do with the
specification of the new SSL trains.

I thought they were designing the new stock for 6, 7 or 8 car trains with
car lengths similar to current A and C stock?

--
Colin Rosenstiel