Old April 24th 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Stephen Osborn Stephen Osborn is offline

Default US Dupont Circle DC

CMOT TMPV wrote:
Once upon a time -- around about 4/23/05 10:49 -- possibly
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:58:12 +0100, Jeremy Parker wrote:

I expect it rains more in London.

I seem to recall that that the annual rainfall is about 20" in
London, and 40" in DC

I stand corrected. (And somewhat surprised - given the direction of the
weather systems, I expected more rain over our side of the Pond.)

Yes but it depends if you're discussing days of rain, duration of the rain,
or simply the AMOUNT of rain.

Indeed. Sydney gets c. 40" of rain pa, twice that of London, but most
of that comes in really heavy downpours, often around sunset.

--

regards

Stephen