Old August 19th 03, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Northern Line - again!

In message , Rupert Goodwins
writes

Would it not be possible to dynamically redo the timetable during the
day, to take account of changes occuring after the start of play? I
appreciate that this is non-trivial, and I expect there are a lot of
implications for rostering, but it's the sort of thing that might be
feasible with today's IT that wasn't just a few years back.

So you as a driver having just done 3 to five hour's in the cab is
approached at say Golders Green, and told that because of reprogramming
for the public good you can't have relief but have to carry on for a
further four hours for the public good. Right I understand putting the
public first, but isn't a driver also a member of the human race and
entitled to some time off?
--
Clive