Old April 27th 05, 02:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics
Mike Mike is offline

Default Rail: the great unmentionable of the general election

I haven't got the latest Rail mag out today but just reading through the
last one have to say I agree with what Wolmar says about the election.

I quite like this bit: "There may well be the odd extra sentence or two
about the railways, but mostly, for politicians, rail will be like the
war when Basil Fawlty had German guests: "Don't mention it.""

IT's also on Google - http://www.christianwolmar.co.uk/rail/511.shtml
and something else 'Election manifestos fail to address transport
issues' http://www.christianwolmar.co.uk/online/april05.shtml