Old April 27th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default London Uderground Song

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message .com,
writes
And how much does a driver get paid a year, why don't you enlighten

us.

Kevin

I don't know who you are responding to or asking as you haven't

quoted
anything, but the answer to your question is c£35 a year now with

the
latest pay rise - not exactly a state secret though.

Oh, talking about strikes (which the song in question alludes to).

In 3
years on the Underground I can honestly say I've not been out on

strike
once, and there have only been 2 one day affairs in all that time
anyway. Hardly 'always out on strike' really?

Theres been a number of threats of strike action to get LU to
capitulate
to some made up complaint. And lets not forget the classic drivers
strike
on the hammersmith and city line about that waste of space caught
playing
squash while he was supposedly off sick with an ankle injury and
getting
sacked. Boo hoo.

Still , this sort of unreasonable unionised action is fairly typical of
british blue collar industry in britain over the last 30 years. Which
is
probably why most of it ended up uncompetetive and closed down and our
coal & steel now comes from eastern europe and asia. Well done the
unions.
LU drivers are just lucky that they work for an infrastructure and not
an
industry or their overpaid backsides would be on the dole or in a call
centre by now too.

B2003