Old April 28th 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Gnomo Gnomo is offline

Default [OT?] Building visible from the Heathrow Express

Hello everybody,

please forgive my poor English (I'm a foreigner) and
a possible OT.

I'm trying to identify a building that I caught a glimpse of
from a train on my last trip to London and I'd like to visit
on my next; I'd be very grateful if anyone could help.

I was on the Heathrow Express on my way to the airport;
after the train passed through the Hanwell & Eltorne (?) station,
I saw a short distance North of the railway (= to the right) a
tall tower peak above the trees of a wood or park;
it looked like a church tower.

Could that be the church of St. Mary, Church Rd., Hanwell?

How could I get there by train, since the Heathrow Express
does not stop at that station?

TIA

--
Gnomo